Monday, September 10, 2012

Two More For The Roll

Middle school do you remember all of the teachers that you had in middle school? I know I do. I remember my 3rd grade teacher like it was yesterday. I remember all the activities we did in class and how she made what she was teaching so much fun that you couldn't help but to want to learn more about those subjects. That's how I want to be as a teacher. To be that kind of a teacher I know that I need to listen to other teachers with experience that can maybe give tips and ideas so that I can better teach my students. There were many math games that you can play as a math teacher. I remember the around the world times table games that I got to play in middle school. Everyone got so excited about playing the game and wanting to win they forgot that they were actually learning as well. There are jeopardy games, team games, and so much more that you can do with your students. There is a blog from a middle school teacher that gives lots of great information on how to survive as a middle school teacher. Visit http://tinyurl.com/cup8mk4 to find some awesome games to help with ideas to keep your students involved and excited about learning. Now you can't always play games in the classroom because then how would you learn things such a vocabulary words. Or can you? There are always ways to put a little twist on things. One teacher tells how she put up vocabulary words on a board and then as the year went along the students could find those words, when they were brought up in class, and place them on their vocabulary word tree. I think that is a pretty cool way to help students remember their vocabulary words and to keep them on their toes for new vocabulary. To read more about that idea visit http://tinyurl.com/8p6f5uw. As I am finding out there are so many different ways that you can make the subjects that you are teaching interesting. I am so excited to be able to think of more ways to keep my future students interactive and excited about learning.

3 comments:

  1. Trying to make learning interesting for sutdents is very important!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome, keeping learning fun is the key!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the ideas here. Suggestion: embed the links into the title of the blog.

    ReplyDelete